Saturday, October 29, 2011

My favorite tools for a new chef in a small kitchen!

One of the greatest challenges for new cooks is a lack of supplies and space (for us city dwellers). I thought I would give you a list of my favorite tools and supplies that I use on a daily basis!


My favorite kitchen tool is my Cuisinart Mini-Chop! I have found this to be the most useful tool that I have purchased since I began cooking. It is great for making crusts, fresh bread crumbs etc. and is very efficient for its small size!
http://www.cuisinart.com/products/food_processors/dlc-2a.html

A Mandolin is a great tool for slicing vegetables, potatoes etc. it is very efficient and safe to use!
I have this one which has worked really well: http://www.zappos.com/oxo-chefs-mandoline-slicer-black

Kuhn Rikon knifes are inexpensive and really sharp and easy to use! I have these two and use them for practically every meal! Plastic blade covers also make them very easy and safe to store in a kitchen drawer! http://www.chefscatalog.com/product/25801-kuhn-rikon-paring-knife-set.aspx

'Patented, nonstick-coated blade surface to slice accurately with smooth gliding motion and release food instantly for ultra-fast meal prep. Extremely sharp carbon-steel blades simplify every prep task. The straight-edge knife peels, chops and dices vegetables, minces garlic or herbs with quick, effortless strokes. Serrated-edge slices tomatoes and soft fruits without mashing flesh and cuts hard-crust breads without pressing into loaves.'

No comments:

Post a Comment